The Hayden vest is a slimmed down version of the Heavy Armor Carrier with the same quality construction. It features extra padded adjustable shoulder straps for comfort and a 2" wide drag handle. Mesh lining keeps you cool while wearing the vest.
The vest is designed to reduce overall weight and increase mobility. Comes with removable hydration compatible pack which has 2 additional large compartments. The vest is covered top to bottom in MOLLE webbing for adding pouches and gear and has lots of hook and loop closures for department or unit ID's. This vest has been tested and is used by many law enforcement agencies.
Features and Benefits
• Front and Back panels included.
• 2 standard 10" x 12" ultra-light strike plates are available at an additional charge of $760.
• MOLLE strap system for mounting pouches.
• The sides are designed to provide wrap around coverage when using soft armor.
• The shoulders are padded and adjustable to reduce fatigue.
• The internal cummerbund has elastic webbing for adjustable comfort and seals securely with Velcro.
• Room on the front for department or unit ID patches.
• Removable NIJ IIIA Panels for easy cleaning and maintenance.
• Utilizes the latest DuPont Kevlar technologies.
• Tested to the NIJ IIIA standards stopping a 357 Magnum, 44 Magnum, 9mm, .45 caliber hollow point ammunition and more.
*Ultra-Light Strike Plates*
Advanced lightweight bulletproof armor plate inserts for bulletproof vests weigh only 3.4 lbs/1.5 kg (each plate). Certified NIJ Level III used (in conjunction with NIJ IIIA). This is an ultra-light ballistic hard armor that is lighter than almost any other bullet proof material available in the world. The high strength Polyethylene fiber used has been shown to be 10 times stronger than steel thus making it the strongest and lightest fiber available. The material is waterproof and outperforms all other armor materials in stopping high velocity rounds. This will stop as many rounds as can fit on the plate and each plate weighs approximately 3.4 lbs(1.5 kg). This is the lightest plate available to offer such a high level of protection.
Features and Benefits (Strike Plates):
• Ultra-light ballistic hard armor plate made of high strength Polyethylene fiber.
• 2 Strike Plates weigh approximately 3.4 lbs (1.5 kg) for each plate.
• Water Resistant.
• Set of 2 Single Ultra-Light Strike Plates added at $760 total ($380 each plate).
The Certified NIJ Level III armor plate protects against following bullets (up-to):
• 7.62mmX39mm bullets (steel core) fired from an AK-47 rifle.
• 5.56mm SS109 bullets (semi-steel core) fired from M16/AR15 auto/semi-automatic rifle.
• 7.62mmX51mm 80 type bullets (lead core) fired from M14 automatic rifle.
• Will fit ANY bulletproof vest that has front and/or back 10" x 12" sized pockets.
• Plate measures approximately 9.25" x 11.25".
A majority of our bulletproof products are custom-made at the time you place your order. Please allow 14-21 business days for shipping